Wednesday, December 10, 2008

First Semester Completed..!

Incredibly I have finished 2 modules bar submitting the assignments. The course thus far has been extremely intense a rather unexpected twist. The online learning environment demands focus, discipline and highly effective communicate in order to avoid ambiguity and unnecessary conflict with fellow students.

Digby Tantam who wrote much of the material has some very interesting takes on a lot of areas of psychotherapy. My views and beliefs have been stretched quite beyond where I thought I could go. I have discovered a whole new language to describe some psychoanalytical concepts or at least what they may be pointing to.

The focus on the concept of Subject Well-Being (SWB) and Positive psychology has been enlightening and has given me a renewed enthusiasm for the contribution longer-term psychotherapy can make to society.

I now have two 3k assignments to submit by January and it is not without challenge due to the vastness of the material that we covered over the 10 weeks.

In the words of Master Yoda: ‘do or do not, there is no try’.

No comments: